Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Payments – Legislation: Pennsylvania has approved new legislation barring state and local governments from using taxpayers’ money to pay ransoms to cyber-criminals, according to InfoSecurity Group.
2. UK Security Regulations and MSP Fines: MSPs that fail to properly protect data could face fines in the United Kingdom, MicroScope reports.
3. Cyber Risk Modeling: Kovrr has launched Quantum, a new version of its cyber risk quantification (CRQ) platform. Quantum leverages multiple cyber risk models to financially quantify exposure to cyberattacks and third-party failures that can lead to significant financial loss, the company asserts.