Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Emergency Small Business Loans: Here’s how to find them.
2. Work From Home – Free Technology Offers: Here’s the list, updated daily.
3. Government Cybersecurity Contract: KBR has been awarded a $26.8 million task order to provide additional cybersecurity engineering support to the U.S. Air Force.
4. Cyber Attack Targets Hospitals: The Paris hospital authority, AP-HP, was the target of a cyber-attack on March 22, according to France’s cybersecurity agency, Bloomberg reports. The attack sought to disable hospital service in the French capital by overwhelming its computers, the ANSSI said. The AP-HP successfully handled the attack, it added.
5. Ransomware Attacks Power Plant Supplier: Ransomware attackers have stolen data from a third-party vendor that supplies utility equipment to Ameren Missouri power plants, St. Louis Public Radio reports.
6. Phishing & Ransomware Mitigation: Menlo Security has unveiled the Global Cloud Proxy Platform, which leverages VMware Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM). The solution protects mobile devices from ransomware and phishing attacks by isolating threats in the cloud and preventing them from reaching the endpoint.
8. Public WiFi Security: Guard Dog Solutions (GDS) of Salt Lake City, has launched a solution to help customers mitigate WiFi cyber security threats.
9. Funding: Arkose Labs, provider of online fraud and abuse prevention technology, has raised an additional $22 million in Series B funding led by Microsoft’s venture fund, M12, as well as participation from existing investors PayPal and USVP.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar