Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Conti Ransomware Attacks: The FBI says cybercriminals using the malicious software dubbed ‘Conti’ have targeted law enforcement, emergency medical services, dispatch centers, and municipalities, Reuters reports.
2. Dominos Pizza Cyberattack: A hacker has allegedly leaked customer data of pizza brand Domino’s, according to information shared by a cybersecurity expert, LiveMint reports.
3. Air India Cyberattack: India’s national airline Air India has said a cyber-attack on its data servers affected about 4.5 million customers around the world. The breach was first reported to the company in February 2021. Details including passport and ticket information as well as credit-card data were compromised. But Air India said security details for credit cards – CVV or CVC numbers – were not stored on the server targeted. It is not immediately clear who was behind the attack, BBC reports.
4. Hospital Cybersecurity – Germany: German hospitals may be at increased risk from hackers, the head of the country’s cyber security agency said, following two high-profile digital attacks this month on the Irish health service and a U.S. fuel pipeline, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar