Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSP Contract Win: ABOITIZ Equity Ventures (AEV) has embraced BlueVoyant for MSSP services. BlueVoyant raised $82.5 million in Series B funding in May 2019.
2. Funding – IoT Security: Firedome, a Tel Aviv- and New York-based startup that initially focused on securing smart home devices, has pivoted into the enterprise and industrial verticals. The company now focuses on Internet of Things security, and recently raised $10 million in Series A funding from Two Sigma Ventures, with participation from World Trade Ventures and Silvertech Ventures.
3. New Ransomware – MedusaLocker: Sounds nasty.
4. Research – Millennials and Security Risks: Employees born and raised in the digital age — millennials — don’t necessarily follow cybersecurity best practices, an NTT research report says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. SOC as a Service Partner Programs for MSPs: We expect plenty of industry news next week at ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 in Orlando, Florida…
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.