Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 February 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SolarWinds Revenues After the Hack: Details are here. Bottom line? It sounds like customers and MSPs are sticking with the software company after SolarWinds spent recent weeks cleaning up the Orion hack.
2. Talent – Diversity and Inclusion: RangeForce and BlackGirlsHack (BGH) are partnering to provide training resources to black girls and women, and increase representation and diversity in the cybersecurity field.
3. Lazarus Hacker Campaign: Kaspersky researchers have identified a new, previously unknown, campaign from Lazarus, a highly prolific advanced threat actor active since at least 2009 that has been linked to a number of multifaceted campaigns, the company says.
4. Authentication Service: Transmit Security has relased BindID, a customer authentication service that is “completely password-free,” the company asserts.
5. Funding – Email Security: Armorblox has raied $30 million in Series B venture capital funding. Next47 led the round, with participation from Polaris Partners and Unusual Ventures, as well as General Catalyst and other early investors. The round brings Armorblox’s total funding to $46.5 million.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Channel Chief: Doug Erickson has joined OneLogin as VP of global channels and strategic alliances. He’s also GM of the company’s Asia Pacific business. OneLogin partners now source over 40% of OneLogin’s opportunities, the company says.
2. Partnership – MDR, MSSPs and Microsoft MISA: Quzara, an MSSP that specializes in cloud security & cybersecurity compliance, has join the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions to help customers better defend themselves against cyber threats. Quzara MSSP options support Azure Security Center, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Cloud App Security, and Microsoft Azure Sentinel.
3. Partner Program – Palo Alto Networks: Network security provider Palo Alto Networks has unveiled NextWave 3.0, the latest iteration of the security company’s partner program. Three new specializations include Prisma SASE, Prisma Cloud and Cortex XDR/XSOAR. The partner program spans 6,500 companies that support 80,000 customers. Roughly 900 NextWave partners doubled their business through Palo Alto Networks in fiscal year 2020. Karl Soderlund, senior vice president of Worldwide Channels, drives the partner program.
4. Partnership – MSP XDR Services: Assured Data Protection, an MSP for cloud data protection solutions, has launched an eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) service powered by Confluera.
5. Falling Stock: Ping’s stock fell roughly 23 percent this morning after the identity company’s quarterly financial performance failed to impress investors.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar