Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
2. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR):Critical Start has hired Dragos and Qualys veteran Chris Carlson as VP of product and Absolute Software veteran Randy Turer as VP of North American Sales.
3. Partnership:Cortelco of Puerto Rico has agreed to resell Sollensys’s ransomware recovery software — which is built on blockchain technology.
4. Partner Program – Security Operations:Adlumin has launched an enhanced Adlumin Advantage MSP program. The program features a managed security services platform with XDR and SOAR capabilities.
5. Partnership – AWS Cloud Security:Code-X and AWS have partnered to “bring Code-X software capabilities to the full AWS realm, including AWS National Security solutions,” the companies said.
8. Microsoft Exchange Cyberattacks: The Cuba ransomware operation is exploiting Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities to gain initial access to corporate networks and encrypt devices, Bleeping Computer reported.
9. Growth:Elevate Security quadrupled its annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2021 compared to 2020, though actual dollar figures were not disclosed.
10. Community – Application Security:Apiiro has launched a community that focuses on the “unique challenge of remediating risks in cloud-native applications,” the company said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar