Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 January 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud Security: SOCSoter has implemented IoCs (Indicators of Compromise) into its Managed Cloud SIEM cloud monitoring tool. As a result, SOCSoter can provide continuous coverage on malicious activity in the Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud ecosystem, SOCSoter asserts.
2. Funding – Cloud-Native Network Security: Valtix has secured $12.5 million in strategic funding from Cisco Investments, Northgate Capital and The Syndicate Group. These new investors join Trinity Ventures, Vertex Ventures and Wing Venture Capital, which committed $14 million in initial funding when the company launched in 2019, Valtix says. On the channel front, Valtix will work with The Syndicate Group (TSG) to build a partner ecosystem spanning VARs, integrators and consultancies.
3. ADT Hacker Pleads Guilty: A former ADT employee has pleaded guilty to repeated hacking into customers’ home video feeds, according to The United States Attorney’s Office for the North District of Texas.
4. Scotland Ransomware Attack: The hackers behind the ransomware attack on the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) have published thousands of stolen files after the organization refused to pay the ransom, ZDnet reports.
5. Australia Cyber Breach: Australia’s securities regulator said on Monday there was a cyber security breach at a server it used to transfer files including credit license applications where some information may have been viewed, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar