Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 25 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Business Unit for Sale?: Nokia may be looking to sell its MSSP and MDR businesses.
2. Uber Data Breach Coverup: Uber Technologies accepted responsibility for covering up a 2016 data breach that affected 57 million passengers and drivers, as part of a settlement with U.S. prosecutors to avoid criminal charges, Reuters reported.
3. CMMC Compliance: Booz Allen Hamilton been authorized as a CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) Third-Party Assessment Organization (C3PAO). Booz Allen is among the first to become an authorized C3PAO in the CMMC ecosystem, the company said.
4. Critical Infrastructure and Pipeline Cybersecurity: The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has revised and reissued a Security Directive regarding oil and natural gas pipeline cybersecurity.
5. Cloud Security: Aqua Security has launched “out-of-the-box runtime protection with minimal configuration to stop attacks in real time on running workloads.”
6. T-Mobile Data Breach Settlement: T-Mobile has agreed to pay $350 million as part of a data breach settlement.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar