Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MDR – Technology Alliance Partner Program: Secureworks has expanded its global partner program to include a technology alliance partner program. The effort extends the Taegis threat detection and response ecosystem with third-party integrations, the MSSP says.
2. NOCs and VPNs: Transition Networks, a provider of IoT and edge connectivity solutions, has unveiled a Secure Remote Access (SRA) solution that supports bi-directional VPN tunnels between a network operations center (NOC) and remote sites. SRA provides organizations with a “simple and secure way to access and manage distributed network devices and endpoints, such as switches and IP cameras, Transition Networks says.
3. Threat Intelligence: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated the Red Sky Alliance REDXRAY Intelligence Platform into its service offering. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by providing its customers with “additional best-in-class threat intelligence to identify threats against networks, supply chain, or target companies,” the two companies say.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar