Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MITRE ATT&CK Evaluations for MSSPs & MDR Service Providers: MITRE Engenuity apparently has announced a call for participation for MSSPs and MDR service providers to participate in ATT&CK evaluations, but we’re seeking more information…
2. Cybersecurity Stock Bubble?: Shares in Cybersecurity firm Darktrace tumbled on Monday after Peel Hunt initiated coverage of the stock at ‘sell’ as it took “a more grounded approach” to the valuation, Sharecast and Bloomberg each reported.
3. Ransomware Attacks Candy Company: Ferrara Candy — the candy giant behind Nerds, Laffy Taffy, Now and Laters, SweetTarts, Jaw Busters, Nips, Runts and Gobstoppers — suffered a ransomware attack just weeks before it prepares for Halloween, ZDnet reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 27, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar