Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 26 February 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SolarWinds Breach Hearings: Cybersecurity executives are due to face their second round of Congressional questions today over their companies’ roles in the sprawling series of digital intrusions blamed on the Russian government. SolarWinds CEO Sudhakar Ramakrishna, Microsoft President Brad Smith, and FireEye CEO Kevin Mandia are due to address a joint hearing of the House Committees on Oversight and Reform and Homeland Security, Reuters reports.
2. Talent – Channel Chief: Web application security provider Invicti Security has hired Rapid7 and Centrify veteran John Andrews as VP of global channel for Acunetix and Netsparker.
3. Integration – MSP Software: ThreatLocker now integrates with Datto’s Autotask PSA (professional services automation) software. This integration streamlines secure business operations for MSPs, allowing them to access their Autotask PSA account from within the ThreatLocker portal, the companies say.
4. Fast Growth – MDR: CriticalStart, a Top 250 MSSP and Top 40 MDR service provider, is one of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the Dallas Area, according to the Cox School of Business at SMU.
5. Partnership – Network Detection and Response (NDR): High Wire Networks Inc. and its cybersecurity business unit, Overwatch Managed Security, are delivering ExtraHop Reveal(x) 360 network detection and response (NDR) as a managed security service.
6. OneSpan Company Breakup?: Activist investor Legion Partners is seeking to break up OneSpan, a cybersecurity company. The effort includes nominating four independent candidates for election to OneSpan’s board. Legion Partners’ goal: Sell off OneSpan’s hardware business and transform OneSpan into a pure-play software company. It’s unclear how OneSpan will reach to Legion Partners’ initiatives…
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar