Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. IT Consultant Sentenced in Office 365 Attack: Details are here.
3. SIEM Certification: LogPoint’s SIEM (security information and event management) software received a trusted Common Criteria EAL 3+ re-certification. The EAL 3+ certification is required by private and public sector organizations operating in critical infrastructure industries such as energy, healthcare and finance, defense, intelligence and law enforcement.
4. Funding – Cyber Risk Management and Insurance: Trava has raised $3.5 million in seed funding. The round was led by TDF Ventures and included participation from High Alpha Capital and M25. Trava is led by Co-Founder and CEO Jim Goldman, former VP of security governance, risk management, and compliance at Salesforce with over 30 years of experience in cyber security and risk management.
5. Data Leak – U.S. Military Contractor: PDI Group, a major supplier of military equipment to the US Air Force and militaries across the globe, appears to have fallen victim to a ransomware attack, The Record reports.
6. Talent – Identity-Driven Cyber Resilience: Semperis has hired EMC and Kashya veteran Coley Burke as chief revenue officer (CRO).
7. Talent – Email Security: Trustifi has hired Peter Eastman as its new chief revenue officer.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – Security Intelligence and ITSM: TruSTAR now integrates with ServiceNow Security Incident Response (SIR). The integration can “prepare and normalize security intelligence data from multiple sources to distribute information between teams, industry peers, and other data systems, helping accelerate automation to remediate threats,” TruSTAR says.
2. Partnership – Risk Management: Caveonix and True Zero Technologies are partnering to promote global risk and compliance solutions to enterprises. The relationships leans on the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) for governance.
3. Partnership – Palo Alto Networks and Comcast: Comcast Business and Palo Alto Networks are partnering to help businesses protect their network assets from cyber threats across office, remote, and cloud environments, the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar