Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SIM Hacker Plea Deal: An Ohio hacker charged with stealing $500,000 from the comfort of his mother’s home amid a 10-day hacking spree copped to just two felony charges in a plea deal Monday, The New York Post reports. Dawson Bakies, 21, managed to avoid the other 50 counts of identity theft and scheme to defraud he was facing — but he’ll have to fork over most of his electronics, the Post says.
2. Ransomware Attack Recovery: Some of Petroleos Mexicanos’s communication systems are still affected two weeks after a cyberattack hit Mexico’s beleaguered state oil firm, Bloomberg Reports.
3. Palo Alto Networks Financial Results: Palo Alto Networks‘ latest financial forecast disappointed Wall Street analysts, but the cybersecurity company also disclosed the Aporeto acquisition for micro-segmentation security services.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Network Security Management: AlgoSec’s solution for Cisco ACI and security devices is now available on Cisco’s Global Price List. This enables Cisco’s direct and channel sales network to offer AlgoSec’s solutions to customers through Cisco’s SolutionsPlus program, the companies say.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.