Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Triton Malware Warning: The U.S. Department of the Treasury has sanctioned a Russian government research institution that’s allegedly connected to Triton Malware. Triton (aka TRISIS/HatMan) is specifically designed to target and manipulate the industrial safety systems used by critical infrastructure facilities to protect human lives, a Treasury statement says. It is referred to as the most dangerous threat activity publicly known, the agency adds.
2. Ransomware Attack & U.S. Election System: A ransomware attack that hobbled a Georgia county government in early October reportedly disabled a database used to verify voter signatures in the authentication of absentee ballots, The San Francisco Chronicle reports.
5. Extended Detection and Response (XDR): Confluera 2.0, an XDR offering, features a “purpose-built cloud workload detection and response solution with the unique ability to deterministically track threats progressing through the environment,” the company asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Grayhat Virtual Cyber Conference (October 29-31, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar