1. ConnectWise Security Alert Site: ConnectWise has launched a security alert website to help customers and partners track security related statements, vulnerabilities, patches, compliance and privacy updates from the software company.
2. M&A – Risk Management: CFC, a specialist insurance provider a has acquired London-based ThreatInformer. The seller’s data enrichment technology helps insurance companies better understand their customers’ exposures.
4. Incident Response – Oregon Cyberattack: Tillamook County in Oregon has suffered a cyberattack, and hired digital forensics firm Arete Advisors for incident response services, The News Guard reports.
5. School Cyber Scam: Federal agents have apprehended suspects whom officials say scammed $206,000 from the Sumter County School Board in Florida, Orlando Weekly reports.
7. Detroit Security Breach: After a small data breach last week, Detroit is offering free credit monitoring to a handful of city workers and fewer than 300 utility customers, Government Technology reports. The city’s CIO said there’s no evidence attackers accessed personal data, the report adds.
8. NSA Cloud Security Guidance: The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has released an information sheet with guidance on mitigating cloud vulnerabilities. NSA identifies cloud security components and discusses threat actors, cloud vulnerabilities, and potential mitigation measures, the statement says.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Cybersecurity Startup Accelerator:Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst, in partnership with the DMZ, has launched the Catalyst Cyber Accelerator, Canada’s first commercial accelerator specifically designed for scale-up companies in cybersecurity and related fields, the organizations say.