Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 27 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Layoffs – Cloud Security Startup: Lacework cut 20% of its staff, but continues to work with MSSPs.
2. New Jersey Ransomware Attack: Somerset County is striving to recover from a ransomware attack.
3. Google Chrome Security Integrations: The latest details are here.
4. Q1 Threat Report: Details from Infoblox are here.
5. Partnership – Zero Trust: Beyond Identity and BeyondTrust have integrated their software, “ensuring that only authorized users and secure devices can gain privileged access to critical systems,” the two companies said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar