Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 27 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Research – Cyber Insurance Costs: U.S. cyber insurance prices rose 96% in Q3 of 2021 (up from 56% in Q2), and 73% in the UK (up from 35% in Q2), driven by the frequency and severity of ransomware claims, according to insurance broker and risk advisor Marsh.
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) – Software: Sophos Managed Threat Response (MTR), which launched two years ago, now protects more than one million devices.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) – Partnerships: Newly announced MDR alliances to note include…
- IGXGlobal UK Limited, a subsidiary of ePlus, has partnered with Proficio to offer MDR services to customers across Europe.
- Sungard Availability Services will leverage Alert Logic’s MDR solutions to protect customers across North America and Europe, the two companies said.
4. Managed 5G Security Services: AT&T is introducing managed security capabilities for 5G network deployments. First up is a managed firewall service to support AT&T 5G edge computing network solutions.
5. Partner Program – Compromise Detection: Lumu has launched Lumu for MSPs/MSSPs. The offering provides service providers with a “simple yet comprehensive solution to measure the compromise level of their customers in real-time and streamline the operations of their security teams,” the company said.
6. Partnership – Partnership: BitCyber, a value added distributor, has agreed to. deploy the Virsec Security Platform, which helps international government agencies and commercial enterprises to “prevent attacks in real-time by detecting, within milliseconds, any anomalies in all running software, from legacy to newly installed applications,” the two companies said.
7. Freemium Email Security: Perception Point has introduced a Free Plan that supports an unlimited number of users and no time limit. Supported applications include Google Gmail, Microsoft 365, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Salesforce.
8. Security Control Management: SightGain has updated the SightGain Readiness Platform — which can “continuously test production security controls and provide the highest quality cyber risk measures in the industry,” the company asserted.
9. Identity as a Service: Synology has released C2 Identity, an online identity as a service (IDaaS) solution “designed to help businesses securely manage user access to both on-premises and cloud applications with a single identity,” the company said.
10. Integration – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Tessian now integrates with Okta to “help organizations protect against the biggest threats to enterprise security — people’s identities and behaviors,” Tessian said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar