Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SOC & Endpoint Protection: Cygilant, provider of Cybersecurity-as-a-Service to mid-sized organizations, has launched Cygilant Endpoint Security. The agent-based solution collects real-time security data from a company’s assets, detects suspicious files, services and other activity – and then streams alerts to the 24×7 Cygilant Security Operations Center (SOC) for further investigation and action.
2. Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes has launched Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response for Servers and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection for Servers,
3. Managed Detection and Response: Alert Logic has enhanced its MDR platform with:
- Marketplace-Style Application Registry: The MDR console displays third-party platform integrations for assisting in log collection.
- CIS Benchmarks for Azure Alert Logic MDR is now certified by the Center of Internet Security (CIS) for the Microsoft Azure Foundations Benchmark. Organizations can now assess both their Azure and AWS environments against an industry standard CIS Benchmark, identify misconfigurations, and receive step-by-step remediation guidance.
4. Penetration Testing: Bugcrowd today launched Bugcrowd Classic Pen Test, which provides customers with on-demand access to penetration testing at a fixed price.
5. Microsoft Teams Security Issues: CyberArk describes areas of potential concern here.
6. Partnership – IIoT Security and Management: NTT and Tanium are partnering to provide secure, highly reliable solutions for IT, IoT and OT environments to support Smart World deployments, the companies say.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar