Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 January 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. U.S. Justice Department Targets NetWalker Ransomware: The Department of Justice has announced a coordinated international law enforcement action to disrupt NetWalker ransomware.
2. MSSP Platform Launch: Infopercept Consulting, a global MSSP, has launched Invinsense, an “integrated cybersecurity platform that combines the offensive and defensive strategies to offer cybersecurity strategy, services, and solutions.” Key areas of integration span SIEM, SOAR, EDR, incident management, threat intelligence, deception technologies, along with breach and attack simulation, Infopercept says. Key partners on the platform include Wazuh, Elasticsearch, ElastAlert, Shuffle, The Hive, Cortex, MISP, Dejavu, and Infection Monkey.
3. Cybersecurity Store – Try Before You Buy: Port53 Technologies has launched an online store featuring solutions from Cisco Systems and OneLogin. Leveraging the store, IT and cybersecurity professionals can tailor procurement cycles to suit their own budgetary and operational requirements, Port53 says.
4. Threat Modeling Tool: Nuspire, a Top 250 MSSP, has launched the Nuspire Threat Modeling Tool (TMT). The tool helps organizations prioritize threats and mitigation efforts based on industry specific intelligence, Nuspire says.
5. Research – Security Operations Center Challenges: The latest Cyberbit SOC survey research findings are here.
6. Compliance and Security – Government Networks: CommScope RUCKUS SmartZone controllers and RUCKUS access points have cleared the National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) vetting process and are now available on the Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Programs list.
7. McAfee eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): McAfee has released MVISION Extended Detection and Response (XDR) with inclusion of Cloud, and network telemetry, “unifying and optimizing threat detection and response beyond endpoints to allow for faster, more proactive investigation cycles, easier, automated response and continued modernization of today’s security operations centers (SOC),” the company says.
8. Container Security: CloudKnox Security now supports container workloads on Kubernetes.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Vulnerability Management: Tenable has enhanced an MSSP portal to assist partners with cloud-based vulnerability management offerings. The updated portal enables MSSPs to self-provision and self-service their own Tenable.io instances, up to 1,000 assets, the company says.
2. Partnership – SOAR & Threat Intelligence: Siemplify and Anomali have partnered to integrate their SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) and threat intelligence platform (TIP) solution, “making intelligence-driven security operations simple and accessible to organizations of all sizes,” the company says. Also, Siemplify is launching ThreatFuse, an add-on module to the Siemplify SOAR platform, powered by Anomali, which ingrains threat intelligence across the detection and response lifecycle.
3. Partnership – Risk Assessments: Network Detection and Response (NDR)) provider IronNet Cybersecurity has partnered with Unlimited Technology, Exero and DirectDefense to launch an Enterprise Security Program Review. The program analyzes the current and desired future state of an organization’s infrastructure against the National Industry Standards and Technology (NIST) cybersecurity controls.
4. Partnership – Multi-Cloud Zero Trust: Zentera Systems and Cybriant have partnered to launch Zero Trust as-a-Service (ZTaaS) for securing enterprise applications in hybrid cloud and edge environments, the companies say.
5. Partnership – Cloud Data and Security Analytics: Snowflake will augment its cloud data lakes with Exabeam security analytics and automation. The partnership enables organizations to identify risks and respond to incidents across their entire business ecosystem, the two companies assert.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar