Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 28 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. AWS Cloud Security: Here is the latest news from this week’s AWS re:Invent 2022 conference in Las Vegas.
2. AWS – Software Supply Chain Security: Chainguard Enforce is now available in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace. Chainguard Enforce is a software supply chain risk management platform that “helps organizations secure every step of the software development lifecycle, by continuously monitoring security metadata to make real-time policy decisions for container application workloads,” Chainguard said.
3. Partnership – Asia Pacific Part One: Vectra AI and NEC Asia Pacific (NEC APAC) have partnered to provide “enhanced security for enterprises across public cloud, identity, SaaS applications, and networks with Security AI that autonomously detects and prioritizes cyber-threats,” the two companies said.
4. Partnership – Asia Pacific Part Two: Ensign InfoSecurity has become Offensive Security‘s first-ever Platinum Learning Partner in the Asia Pacific region. Ensign will be working with OffSec to “offer hands-on, instructor-led cybersecurity training courses to industry-wide trainees to raise cybersecurity competency in the face of a dynamic and ever-evolving cyber threat,” the two companies said.
5. Cybersecurity Posture Evaluations – United Kingdom: NTT Data UK has partnered with SecurityScorecard to offer a complimentary Cybersecurity Posture Evaluation. The services “offers real-time, actionable insights into present cyber risks” that organizations are facing, NTT Data said.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)