Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Endpoint Security: Ivanti is acquiring MobileIron and Pulse Secure to further bolster its unified endpoint management (UEM) and mobile endpoint security.
2. Talent – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Okta has hired Splunk veteran Susan St. Ledger as president of worldwide field operations, reporting to CEO Todd McKinnon. St. Ledger will succeed Charles Race, who is retiring. St. Ledger will join the business on February 1, 2021.
3. Microsoft 365 Managed Security Services: Nclose has launched dedicated Microsoft 365 managed security service within its Managed Security Services division, to help enterprises with newly-remote workforces’ close gaps in their security environment, the MSSP says.
4. Microsoft Azure Security: Microsoft has suspended 18 Azure Active Directory applications that were being leveraged for command-and-control (C2) infrastructure by what it says is a Chinese nation-state actor, ThreatPost reports.
5. Outsourced Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Oak Ridge National Laboratory wants to move to outsourced managed threat detection and response services, Nextgov reports.
6. ThunderX Ransomware Decryptor: A decryptor for the ThunderX ransomware has been released by cybersecurity firm Tesorion that lets victims recover their files for free, BleepingComputer says.
7. Vertical Market Cyberattacks: Some Hungarian banking and telecommunication services were briefly disrupted by a powerful cyber attack last week launched from computer servers in Russia, China and Vietnam, telecoms firm Magyar Telekom MTEL.BU said, according to Reuters.
8. Hackers Infiltrate Washington State Agencies: Details are here.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar