Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 29 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. See You In September: Join us for the MSSP Alert Live 2022 conference (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.).
2. Vulnerability Management: Only 26% of organizations have automated remediation capabilities in place as part of their vulnerability management programs, CRA’s July 2022 Vulnerability Management study found.
3. US-Israel Cyber Relations: The U.S. Department of the Treasury has announced a cybersecurity cooperation memorandum of understanding with the Israel. The relationship involves:
- Information sharing relating to the financial sector including cybersecurity information on incidents and threats;
- staff training and study visits to promote cooperation in the area of cybersecurity; and
- competency-building activities such as the conduct of cross-border cybersecurity exercises.
4. Hackers Exploit SysAid: A hacking group linked to the Iranian government has been exploiting Log4j 2 vulnerabilities in SysAid, a set of popular IT support and management software applications, according to Microsoft, SC Media reported.
5. Compliance Services: Infopercept has packaged its security services and associated compliance capabilities to “make security compliances simple, easy, accurate and achievable for organizations,” the global MSSP asserted.
6. Security Center: Radware has launched a new cloud security center in Taiwan. The facility will enable customers in Taiwan to “secure their datacenters, networks, web and mobile applications, and their APIs with minimal latency, as well as mitigate compliance processes involved in offshore routing,” the company said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar