Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 January 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Security Revenues: Microsoft’s security revenues grew 40 percent year-over-year, and generated $10 billion in revenue over the past 12 months, the company says.
2. Integration & Microsoft Partnership: Cymulate has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), and has integrated Cymulate with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. These integrations “streamline the process of continuous security validation and prioritize remediation efforts, delivering operational efficiencies and better security to Microsoft customers,” Cymulate asserts. FYI: Multiple MSSPs have joined Microsoft’s MISA effort.
4. Partnership – MDR in Asia: Ensign InfoSecurity , one of the Asia Pacific’s largest pure-play cybersecurity firms, will leverage Cybereason’s software for managed detection and response (MDR) services across the Asia Pacific (APAC) market.
5. Data Leak – Coronavirus Track & Trace Application: Personal information of a large number of people who participated in the Netherlands’ coronavirus track-and-trace program has been leaked, the Dutch health authorities (GGD) said, according to Reuters.
6. IoT Security – Medical Devices: Palo Alto Networks has launched an IoT Security solution for the healthcare sector.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar