Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. AWS Security News: Track all AWS re:Invent 2021 cybersecurity news here.
2. Ransomware Attack Closes Community College: Lewis and Clark Community College will remain closed through at least December 3 after suffering a cyberattack on or about November 23.
3. Vestas Ransomware Attack Recovery: Wind turbine maker Vestas has largely recovered from a November 19 cyberattack, Reuters reported.
4. Talent – MSSP: Secureworks has appointed Demetrios Georgiou as director of APAC as it continues to expand across the region.
5. Israel Trims Cyber Exports: Israel slashed its list of countries eligible to buy its cyber technologies following concern over possible abuses abroad of a hacking tool sold by Israeli firm NSO Group, according to Reuters.
6. Cybersecurity & Privacy – U.S. vs China: The Biden administration added a dozen Chinese companies to its trade blacklist on November 24. Of those blacklisted, eight Chinese technology entities were added for their alleged role in assisting the Chinese military’s quantum computing efforts, CNBC reported.
8. Partnership – IoT Security: ArcusTeam and Lansweeper have partnered to integrate their IT asset management and attack surface management software. Mutual partners and customers gain “risk accuracy and attack vector visibility, enabling a proactive stance against cyber threats,” the two technology companies said.