Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Anti-Phishing for MSSPs: SlashNext has announced an automated phishing incident response (IR) and threat hunting solution with run-time analysis of suspicious URLs. SlashNext URL Analysis & Enrichment is purpose-built for IT security teams, security vendors, MSSPs and MDRs, the company says.
2. Shade Ransomware Retires?: The malicious actors behind Shade ransomware made an unusual announcement on GitHub, not only publishing all 750,000 decryptor keys for the malware but apologizing for their criminal actions, SC Magazine reports.
3. Ransomware Attacks Pharmaceutical Firm: Details are here.
4. Threat Research: ESET’s Q1 2020 findings are here.
5. Talent: Axonius, a cybersecurity asset management company, has added Anne DelSanto to its board of directors. The company announced a $58M Series C funding round in March 2020.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar