Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Darktrace IPO: The cybersecurity company launched a successful initial public offering today.
3. Fortinet Quarterly Financial Results: Fortinet, the cybersecurity technology provider, announced financial results for Q1 fiscal 2021. Details include:
- Total revenue of $710.3 million in Q1 of 2021, up 23 percent compared to $577.7 million in Q1 of 2020.
- GAAP net income of $107.2 million in Q1 of 2021, compared to GAAP net income of $104.6 million for Q1 of 2020.
The Fortinet figures figures generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
4. Firewalls and SD-WANs: Fortinet announced the new FortiGate 7121F and FortiExtender 511F-5G to further secure and accelerate 5G adoption, the company says. Also, Fortinet partnered with BT to expand the MSP and telecom giant’s SD-WAN and managed network services.
5. Attack Surface Management: Coalfire, backed by the recent Neuralys penetration testing acquisition, has now launched an Attack Surface Management (ASM) solution. ASM automates asset discovery, testing, remediation, and reporting across today’s expanding attack surfaces, the company says.
6. Insider Risk Management: Code42 has introduced enhanced capabilities to the Code42 Incydr data risk detection and response product for identifying insider risk. Among the enhancements: Incydr Browser Upload Detection is built to detect and alert security teams to unsanctioned browser upload activity, such as employees uploading business documents to personal cloud, email or social media accounts or source code repositories, regardless of the network or internet browser being used.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. White Label Vulnerability Scanning & Remediation: Syxsense, which develops software to automate IT, patch management, security vulnerability scanning and remediation, has released white label console branding for MSP, MSSPs and large enterprises.
2. Partner Program – Application Security: Synopsys is expanding the Software Integrity Group’s partner program under the leadership of Tom Herrmann, the recently appointed vice president of channels and alliances. Herrmann previously built and led partner programs at Tanium, VMware, and Oracle.
3. Partnership – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Mission, a Top 250 Public Cloud MSP focused on Amazon Web Services, has launched Mission MDR — a threat detection and incident response solution powered by Alert Logic.
4. Partnership – Endpoint Management & Security: Oracle and Tanium will jointly market and sell solutions in an alliance that will “accelerate Tanium’s global expansion and provide manageability and security at scale,” the two companies say. Tanium is a member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and Tanium solutions are available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar