Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Group Quits?: Ragnarok, a ransomware gang that’s locked victims out of their computers and extorted them since 2019, suddenly appears to have called it quits. The group shared a free tool that will help previous victims unlock their files and gain access to their computers again, The Daily Beast reports.
3. Cyber Insurance and President Biden: Multiple cyber insurance companies attended President Biden’s cybersecurity-focused meeting last week. Here’s what the insurance companies said post-meeting, according to Insurance Journal.
4. Cybersecurity Executive Order Deadline: The Office of Management and Budget is giving agencies 60 days to assess how well they log cybersecurity incident data against a new maturity model released on August 27, according to Federal News Network.
5. Hive Ransomware Warning: The FBI has released a Flash report detailing indicators of compromise (IOCs) and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) associated with ransomware attacks by Hive, a likely Ransomware-as-a-Service organization.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar