Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 30 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Conference – Subscriber Discount Code: Join us for the MSSP Alert Live 2022 conference (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.). Need a discount code for MSSP Alert newsletter & site subscribers? Email Editorial Director Joe Panettieri (Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com) with the subject line “MSSP Alert Live Subscriber Discount Code.”
.2 Microsoft 365 Threat Detection for MSPs: Augmentt has announced SaaS Security Alerting for Microsoft 365. Available through the Augmentt Secure platform, the new real-time threat detection “gives MSPs the SaaS alerting capability for unmatched protection of Microsoft 365,” Augmentt asserted.
3. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Cloud4c has joined MISA, an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that integrate their security products with Microsoft’s security technology.
4. FBI Crypto Warning: Cyber criminals are increasingly exploiting vulnerabilities in decentralized finance (DeFi) platforms to steal cryptocurrency, causing investors to lose money, an FBI warning stated.
5. Italy Cyberattack: Italy’s energy agency Gestore dei Servizi Energetici SpA suffered a malware attack on August 28 and 29, according to a statement, Bloomberg reported.
6. CrowdStrike Seeking Acquisitions?: CEO George Kurtz visited Israel earlier this year — apparently in a bid to find acquisition targets. But so far, no M&A deals have surfaced, The Information noted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar