Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP): 30 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. RMM and Physical Security: Razberi Technologies as launched a remote monitoring and management (RMM) software platform for IT and physical security systems — including servers, storage, cameras, and other networked security devices, the company says.
2. Secure WiFi Services: WatchGuard Technologies continues to expand its Secure Wi-Fi portfolio with the recent release of two new access points (APs); the AP225W and the AP327X. These new APs offer the ability to extend Trusted Wireless Environments into multi-dwelling unit (MDU) deployments and harsh outdoor environments, WatchGuard asserts.
3. Partnership – Patch and Vulnerability Management: Ivanti Patch Management technology now integrates with the Qualys VMDR (Vulnerability Management Detection Response) platform. The next phase of the integration will allow Qualys customers to patch Apple macOS systems, as well as over 70 third-party Mac applications, directly through Qualys VMDR, the companies say.
4. Partner Program: Security On-Demand Inc., a national provider of managed security and managed detection response (MDR) services, has expanded its channel program for 2020 and beyond. The company’s “SOD Partner Success Program” is a 100% channel sales-focused program. The program makes it “easy and profitable for partners to recommend, resell, or private label SOD Managed Security and Managed Detection and Response Services,” the company says.
5. Partnership – Secure Crisis Communications: Vodafone has confirmed plans to offer BlackBerry AtHoc as its emergency alert and crisis communications solution. Greater Manchester Police and Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service are the first two customers who have selected BlackBerry AtHoc to deliver secure communications and real-time alerts through this partnership, the companies say.
6. Application Security Testing: NetSPI has launched Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Secure Code Review (SCR) services. As part of the new services, NetSPI performs a “thorough inspection of source and compiled code to ensure security risks are eliminated before software is deployed to production, at which time the cost of remediation could increase exponentially,” the company asserts.
7. DDoS Cyberattack: The online Michigan bar exam was targeted by a “sophisticated” cyberattack that temporarily took down the test, The Hill reports. ExamSoft, one of the three vendors offering the exam that certifies potential attorneys, said the test had been hit by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, the report says.
8. M&A – Mobile Authentication and Financial Services: Prove (formerly Payfone) has acquired the mobile authentication lines of business from Early Warning Services, a consortium owned by seven banks. The acquisition includes Early Warning’s mobile authentication business, Early Warning’s multi-factor authentication and orchestration solutions, and the Authentify line of business. The acquisition will enable more than 1,000 financial institutions to access a broad range of consumer identity and authentication solutions directly from Prove, the companies say.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar