Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A – Cybersecurity: Multi-factor authentication (MFA) software provider Plurilock Security is acquiring cybersecurity service provider Aurora Systems Consulting.
2. Research – MSSP Adoption: Roughly 70 percent of organizations plan to outsource some or all cybersecurity services to MSSPs in the next 12 months, Kaspersky research finds.
3. Research – Ransomware Payment Trends: More than half (56%) of ransomware victims paid the ransom to restore access to their data in 2020. Whether they paid or not, only 29% of all victims were able to restore all their encrypted or blocked files following an attack, Kaspersky research finds.
4. Research – Internet Security: The WatchGuard Internet Security Report for Q4 2020 is here.
5. Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): Sysdig has launched cloud security posture management (CSPM) capabilities to protect cloud services and software containers. The effort includes threat detection across Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform.
6. Partnership – Vehicle SOCs: Panasonic and McAfee are building Vehicle Security Operation Centers (Vehicle SOCs) to “commercialize vehicle security monitoring services,” the companies say. The Vehicle SOCs will “enable accurate detection and early response to attacks and help strengthen Cybersecurity measures in the automotive industry,” the duo adds.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar