Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Microsoft Security Warning: Microsoft has received a small number of reports from customers and others about continued activity exploiting a vulnerability affecting the Netlogon protocol (CVE-2020-1472) which was previously addressed in security updates starting on August 11, 2020, the company says.
2. Integration – SIEM and IoT: Securonix SIEM now integrates with Armis, an IoT security platform. The integration provides customers with visibility into all devices connected to enterprise networks — managed, unmanaged, IoT. The result: Security operations teams can monitor device behavior and respond to malicious activity more efficiently, the companies say.
3. Cyber Insurance – Vertical Markets: Cowbell Cyber has launched cyber insurance coverage offerings for customers in the manufacturing and construction sectors.
4. Microsoft 365 Application Security: ESET has launched ESET Cloud Office Security, a new standalone software as a service solution that provides advanced preventative protection for users of Microsoft 365 applications. The platform offers antimalware, antispam and antiphishing technologies to protect Exchange Online and OneDrive and more.
5. Deception as a Service: TrapX Security has released TrapX Flex, a Deception-as-a-Service solution created specifically to protect corporate assets from the risks posed by the growth in remote employees and devices, the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Black Hay USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar