Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cyber Training: Fortinet has launched an Information Security Awareness and Training service for organizations looking to educate employees about the increasing risks of cyber attacks.
2. Talent – SIEM: Exabeam has hired former Gartner analyst Gorka Sadowski as chief strategy officer.
3. Partnership – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Deloitte Canada‘s Cyber Risk Services will leverage Qualys VMDR (Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response) capabilities. Deloitte is a Top 250 MSP for 2020. Unlike some rivals, Qualys has vowed to offer MDR services through partners and won’t compete with MSSPs.
4. Partnership – VMware Carbon Black: Kenna Security, a provider of risk-based vulnerability management, has partnered with VMware Carbon Black to “power the vulnerability assessment and risk scoring capabilities of Carbon Black Cloud Workload.” As a result of this partnership, enterprises running VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload will be able to “efficiently and effectively prioritize critical vulnerabilities and reduce risk to their servers and workloads,” the companies assert.
5. Privileged Access Management (PAM): Stealthbits Technologies, a cybersecurity software company focused, has released Stealthbits Privileged Activity Manager (SbPAM) 3.0, a third-generation solution designed with a modernized and simplified approach to Privileged Access Management (PAM), the company asserts.
6. Threat Intelligence: HYAS has released HYAS Protect –which proactively blocks the communication to and from adversary infrastructure, preventing new malware, ransomware, and phishing attacks while simultaneously detecting existing instructions and rendering them inert, HYAS asserts.
7. Data Breach Fine: Anthem will pay $39.5 million as part of a settlement with U.S. states attorneys general following an investigation into a massive cyber-attack at the company in 2015, Reuters reports.
8. Crowdsourced Cybersecurity: Bugcrowd experienced a 133% increase in bookings in its international segment and an increase of more than 50% in international customers during its second quarter.
9. Funding – Zero Trust Access: Axis Security has raised $32 million in Series B funding led by Canaan Partners, with participation from existing investors Ten Eleven Ventures and Cyberstarts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar