Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Deepwatch has announced MDR Essentials, which allows midsize organizations to deploy an automated security operations center (SOC) in less than one hour, the company asserts.
2. Managed Data Security Services: Open Raven has introduced a managed security service to help customers discover, classify, monitor, and protect sensitive cloud data.
3. Online Learning: Exabeam has announced Exabeam Cyberversity, an “interactive educational experience meant to increase diversity and help close the skills gap in the cybersecurity industry,” the SIEM and XDR security company says.
4. Security Analytics: Rockset has successfully completed SOC 2 Type II certification. The company also introduced Audit Logs, which will allow customers to request a detailed report for all activities within their Rockset environment including queries and API calls, account logins, and more, the company said.
5. No More Passwords: Beyond Identity has released Secure Customers, a new solution that “enables any company to eliminate the threat of customer account takeovers and accelerate new account conversions with the fastest cross-platform passwordless MFA available,” the company claims.
6. Executive Leadership – Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4 has named Kai Roer as chief research officer.
7. Research – Malware and Encrypted Connections: Fully 91.5% of malware reaches its target by navigating HTTPS-encrypted connections, according to WatchGuard’s Internet Security Report for Q2 of 2021. The research suggests users may have a false sense of confidence when using secure HTTPS connections. The connections protect users from probing eyes, but the actual secure pipeline can still be a funnel for sending malware over the Internet.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Alliances and Integrations
2. Cyber Insurance – XDR Integration: Cowbell Cyber has released Cowbell Connector for Secureworks TaegisTM VDR. The connector enables Cowbell’s platform to “sync with a customer’s infrastructure and gain insight into their security controls for detection and response,” the company said.
3. Security Operations Center (SOC) Software: Integrated security solutions from Netscout and Palo Alto Networks are “now available to support security operations centers (SOCs) in detecting, analyzing, and mitigating security threats in complex hybrid environments,” the two companies said.
5. Ransomware Kill Switch: Overwatch Managed Security, a High Wire Networks cybersecurity business unit, has introduced Overwatch Ransomware Kill Switch, powered by Airgap. The solution enables High Wire’s managed service provider (MSP) partners to “provide their business clients with unprecedented protection from the growing threat of ransomware attacks by reducing mean time to detection and resolution,” the company asserts.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 6, 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar