Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 31 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Conference – Subscriber Discount Code: Join us for the MSSP Alert Live 2022 conference (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.). Need a discount code for MSSP Alert newsletter & site subscribers? Email Editorial Director Joe Panettieri ([email protected]) with the subject line “MSSP Alert Live Subscriber Discount Code.”
2. Talent – MSSP: Nuspire has hired Fishtech Group and Cyderes veteran Pete Shah as chief revenue officer (CRO). He leads the MSSP’s field operations, which include sales, partnerships, client success and support.
3. Channel Chief – SD-WAN and SASE: Aryaka has promoted Craig Patterson to senior VP of global channels.
4. Partner Program Expansion: Secureworks, through partnerships with Netskope and SCADAfence, has extended its XDR security platform to address Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), Operational Technology (OT), and Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security requirements. Secureworks CEO Wendy Thomas is set to further describe trends in the XDR market during MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.).
5. Partnership – Security Operations and Analytics: Netenrich‘s Resolution Intelligence Cloud is now available on the Google Cloud Marketplace. Netenrich’s operational analytics platform allows partners and customers to “increase scale and efficiency across their digital operations,” the company said.
6. Partnership – IoT Device Security: Check Point Quantum IoT Protect will be made available within Intel’s new platform for IoT device developers — known as Intel Pathfinder for RISC-V.
7. Partnership Expansion: Ardalyst partnered with Mandiant on the release of the Mandiant Advantage Threat Intelligence Connector for Microsoft Sentinel. The connector enables Microsoft Sentinel users to receive Mandiant actionable intelligence on adversaries, context on indicators of compromise and continuous insights on the evolving threat landscape, the firms said.
8. Distribution – Extended IoT Security: CyberKnight has agreed to distribute Phosphorus extended Internet of Things (xIoT) security technology in the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
9. Quantifying Cyber Risk: Telos Corporation has launched an updated version of Xacta, a cyber risk management and compliance analytics platform. The update allows Xacta users to quantify and align cyber risk with business objectives by expressing the risks in financial terms or dollar amounts, the company said.
10. SaaS Security Posture Management: Palo Alto Networks has launched SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM) to reduce data breaches related to SaaS misconfigurations.
11. Passwordless Security: SecureAuth has released Arculix, an access management and continuous authentication platform.
12. SASE Security: Lumen Technologies has launched Lumen SASE Solutions – an all-digital experience for the purchase, configuration and management of enterprise SASE services.
13. Supply Chain Security: RKVST has announced a free and subscription-based team tier of its supply chain integrity, transparency and trust platform.
14. Crypo-Mining Malware: Turkish-speaking hackers are spreading crypto-mining malware through free software download sites, including one offering a fake Google Translate desktop app, according to Check Point research summarized by The Record.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar