Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership – Secure Azure Cloud Workloads: Two Microsoft Gold partners — Threadfin Business Solutions and 2bcloud are working together to “collaborate on advanced cloud acceleration and solutions for customers.” Their combined goal: Empower customers to “realize the promise of the cloud in an ever-shifting technology landscape by leveraging the security and agility of an always-on cloud-based business,” the two businesses said.
4. Initial Public Offering (IPO): Saudi Arabian digital security firm Elm, owned by the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund, is set to raise $818 million after pricing its IPO at the top of its indicative price range, Reuters reported.
5. Airport Cybersecurity: Italian aerospace and defense group Leonardo and Atlantia’s Aeroporti di Roma (AdR) unit have signed a partnership to develop joint cyber security, surveillance and communications projects for AdR’s airport assets, Reuters reported.
6. Qubit Finance Hacked: Decentralized finance (DeFi) is defying security hopes as Qubit Finance, a major decentralized digital finance platform, was taken for $80 million in cryptocurrency by cyber-thieves on January 27, SC Media reported.
7. Office 365 Users Targeted: A new hybrid cloud campaign — dubbed OiVaVoii — uses hijacked Office 365 users and a sophisticated combination of malicious OAuth apps and targeted phishing threats to attack many C-level executives, Proofpoint reported. SC Media explains the OiVaVoii attack details here.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Right of Boom (February 9-11, Tampa, Florida)
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar