Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Talent – Asia-Pacific: SentinelOne has hired Cylance and FireEye veteran Evan Davidson as VP, Asia Pacific Japan.
2. Funding: Spiderbat has raised $4 million in seed funding…
3. Threat Intelligence Services: NetEnrich has productized two threat intelligence services — Knowledge Now (KNOW), a free global threat intelligence tool; and Attack Surface Intelligence (ASI), which offers actionable context for faster response to known and emerging cyber threats, the company says. We’ll share more details soon.
5. Integration – Linux Server Security: Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection for Servers has achieved Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 certification.
6. Partnership – Network Security: Canon Solutions America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., is offering NetGuardian, an all-in-one solution that can help small and medium-sized businesses ease the challenge of securing their network and managing their communication, Canon says.
7. MobileIron Financial Results: Revenue was $58.9 million in Q2 2020, up 16 percent year over year, the company disclosed on July 29.