Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 31 October 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Ransomware Meeting: The White House will host officials from 37 countries and 13 global companies in Washington this week to address the growing threat of ransomware and other cyber crime, including the illicit use of cryptocurrencies, Reuters reported.
3. Microsoft 365 Security: SkyKick has released Security Manager to help IT solutions providers safeguard Microsoft 365 applications.
6. Ransomware Recovery: Persistent Systems has launched the Persistent Intelligent Cyber Recovery (PiCR) solution in the Google Cloud Marketplace.
7. Apple Security: The iMac and iPhone provider has launched Apple Security Research, a new website that seeks to improve communications about Apple security milestones, issues and bug reporting.=
8. Partnership – Cyber Forensics: Eye Security and APTA Technologies have partnered to improve forensics investigations.
9. Government DDoS Attack Mitigation Guidance: The CISA and FBI have introduced a guide to help government organizations respond to DDoS attacks.
10. Cybersecurity Training – HBCUs: IBM is launching cybersecurity leadership centers at six Historically Black Colleges and Universities, People of Color in Technology reported.
11. Integration – Application Security: Lacework now integrates with Google Cloud’s Chronicle Security Operations. Key capabilities of this integration, according to Lacework, include:
- Anomaly detections from Lacework are shared with Chronicle Security Operations.
- Using Chronicle’s Universal Data Model parsers, customers can onboard this integration within their existing Chronicle instance.
- Customers will be able to create automation, orchestration and response playbooks using Chronicle SOAR to react to and address issues.
Lacework announced a similar integration with AWS CloudTrail back in 2017.
12. Zero Trust Partnership – Dell and Microsoft: Dell has introduced identity and endpoint protection with Microsoft Zero Trust.
13. Partnership – Application Security: Sonatype and CyberRes, a Micro Focus line of business, have partnered to provide with a “complete open source and application security solution” for supply chain protection.
15. Channel Chief – Insider Risk Management: Code42, has unified its channel, advisory and technology partner programs under the leadership of Ananth Appathurai, senior vice president of channel and alliance partners.
16. Cyber Insurance Software Tool: SentinelOne has unveiled the WatchTower Vital Signs Report app — which allows customers to report cybersecurity posture and controls to cyber insurers, streamlining the process of obtaining cyber insurance coverage, the company said.
17. Windows Application Patch Automation: Adaptiva is previewing Endpoint Patch, an autonomous patching solution for third-party Windows applications.
18. Australia Cyberattack: ForceNet, a service that Australia’s defense department leverages, has come under attack but so far no data have been compromised, Reuters reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)