Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partner Program – MSSP: Nozomi Networks has announced the MSSP Elite Program — a partner program that’s designed to help MSSPs deliver OT and IoT managed security services. Inaugural partners include Accenture, FireEye Mandiant, Moro Hub, Telefónica,
2. Pulse Connect Secure Vulnerability Patches: Ivanti has released Pulse Connect Secure system software version 9.1R12 to address multiple vulnerabilities an attacker could exploit to take control of an affected system, the CISA reports.
4. College Hacker Prosecution: Federal prosecutors are pushing to sentence SUNY (State University of New York) Plattsburgh alumnus Nicholas Faber to up to four years in prison for hacking into students’ accounts and stealing explicit and compromising photos, according to court documents, Press-Republican reports. Faber, 25, of Rochester, New York, pleaded guilty to aggravated Identity theft and computer intrusion causing damage offenses in February 2021, saying he broke into at least 10 student accounts and attempted to access more than two dozen of them, starting when he was a student at SUNY Plattsburgh in 2017, documents said, according to the report.
5. Amazon Kindle Security Vulnerability: A vulnerability in the Amazon Kindle could allow hackers to remotely take over the e-book reader, Check Point Research revealed.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual Event)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar