Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 October 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Integration – Mandiant and SentinelOne: SentinelOne now integrates with Mandiant to “improve threat detection, triage, hunting, and response processes,” the two companies said.
2. Integration – MDR Services: Critical Start‘s MDR service is now available for Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSIAM.
3. Partner Program – Europe: MSSP and MDR service provider Expel has expanded to support EMEA customers, and is now operating in the United Kingdom (UK), Ireland, Sweden and the Netherlands. On a related note, Expel hired Chris Waynforth as the general manager and vice president of international business — which includes a focus on channel partners. Waynforth previously held key posts at Imperva, New Relic, Splunk, Identiv, and RSA.
4. Talent – MDR Security: GoSecure has hired M&A and growth equity veteran David DeRuff as chief financial officer. GoSecure raised $35 million in Series E funding and acquired Covail in December 2020. We don’t know if the MDR security provider will explore a potential IPO, strategic exit or new types of financing.
5. Talent – Cybersecurity Asset Management: Axonius has hired Tanium veteran Nick Degnan as senior VP of sales.
6. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Fortinet announced “significant cloud-delivered enhancements to FortiSASE” that address “enhanced support for Secure Private Access and Secure SaaS Access use cases.”
7. Data Leak Prevention: Cyral‘s software platform now allows customers to “run risk-based data governance,” an approach to database security that “caps exfiltration through volume limits for the most sensitive data, set at the discretion of the company’s head of security,” Cyral said.
8. Data Protection: Zscaler announced “new advancements” that “accelerate data protection programs from months to hours with zero configuration for data loss prevention (DLP),” the cloud security company said.
9. Funding – Human Cybersecurity Risks: London-based cybersecurity company OutThink has raised $10 million in early-stage investments backed by venture capital firm AlbionVC, it said on Tuesday, as it looks to help organizations identify human behavior that can lead to data breaches, Reuters reported.
10. Funding – Digital Risk Protection: Bolster has raised $15 million in funding led by Cervin, Liberty Global Ventures, and Cheyenne Ventures with participation from previous investors Thomvest Ventures and Crosslink Capital.
11. M&A – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Ping Identity shareholders have approved the company’s pending sale to private equity firm Thoma Bravo.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)