Cyborg Security has announced a REST API for its HUNTER threat hunting platform to "supercharge organizations' threat hunting capabilities by automating key processes and workflows," according to the company.
Organizations can use the REST API to speed up threat research and discovery, Cyborg said. They can automatically discover threats based on threat intelligence reports or feeds, add contextual insights to their threat intelligence and emulate and validate threats.
Cyborg Security Simplifies Threat Hunting
HUNTER provides organizations with a library of threat hunting content and tools for managing and executing hunts, Cyborg noted. Organizations can use HUNTER's content and tools to hunt for threats.
They also can deploy turnkey, in-tool hunting packages that include:
- Behavioral threat hunting queries that help organizations identify potential threats based on the behavior of systems and users in their environments
- Runbooks, mitigations and deployment guides that provide organizations with instructions that they can use to hunt for and mitigate threats
- Emulation and validation capabilities that enable organizations to emulate adversary behaviors and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs), test their defenses against various attack techniques and identify and address vulnerabilities before they can be exploited
- Contextualized threat intelligence and research to help organizations understand the context of a threat hunt and the trustworthiness of information it delivers
In addition, HUNTER can be used in conjunction with organizations' existing security tools and platforms, Cyborg said. As such, HUNTER helps organizations hunt for threats across their infrastructure and reduce the risk of successful cyberattacks.
Cyborg Security Partners with Cybersecurity Companies
To date, Cyborg has established partnerships with cybersecurity companies across several areas, including:
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR)
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR)
- Threat intelligence
Cyborg works with its partners to deliver and support threat hunting and intelligence capabilities across various platforms and ecosystems, the company indicated. It also provides co-branded collateral for business development, in-person and virtual training sessions and other partner tools and resources.
A Closer Look at Cyborg Security
Cyborg provides HUNTER, which combines analytics, threat hunting content and threat hunt management capabilities, the company stated. Organizations can use HUNTER to detect and respond to threats across their infrastructure.
Organizations can sign up for a HUNTER Community Access account for free. Cyborg also offers packages that give organizations full access to HUNTER's threat hunting tools and behavioral threat hunting capabilities.