Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, May 19, 2017:
7. Hacker Negotiations? Yes: Would you negotiate with a hacker -- and agree to rather interesting terms -- in order to safeguard your customer data? Hmmm... Here's what Zomato did while facing that exact question.
6. Hacker Negotiations? No: In stark contrast, Bell Canada refused to pay a hacker after a data break-in at the massive telecom provider, Reuters reported.
4. Security Partnership: Clavister will complement its virtual and appliance-based security services with the Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service. The solution allows Clavister customers to discover and mitigate malicious incoming IP addresses.
3. Cloud Security Partner Program: Dome9 Security, which promotes cloud infrastructure security, has launched the Dome9 Cloud Protection Partner Program. VP of Sales and Operations Jim Sortino is leading the program. Among the key partners: Westcon-Comstor, the value-added distributor.
2. IoT Security: The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is holding a Cybersecurity Framework Workshop this week at its headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland, JDSupra reported. The workshop will explore issues related to its widely used Cybersecurity Framework.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Friday, May 19 — just a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day later this month.