Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, May 24, 2017:
7. Talent: Securonix, which specializes in security analytics and predictive cyber threat detection, has hired Aarij Khan and Mel Shakir. Khan joins as VP of marketing, Previous tours of duty include Imperva, SIEM vendor ArcSight (HP) and Tenable Network Security. Shakir joins as VP of product development. He's a veteran of SIEM vendors RippleTech, NitroSecurity (acquired by McAfee) and RSA NetWitness.
6. Talent - Security: SecureAuth Corp., which specializes in adaptive access control, has hired FireEye veteran David Ross as VP of research.
5. Channel Chief: Symbolic IO, a data storage specialist, has hired Bill Wood, formerly of FireEye, as VP of channel sales and strategic alliances.
4. Microsoft Security Acquisition?: Microsoft apparently is set to acquire Hexadite, which provides technology to automate responses to cyber attacks, Reuters notes.
3. Voting Machines Insecurity: How easy is it to hack voting machines? Hackers will show attendees during the upcoming DefCon conference...
2. Qakbot Malware: Like a bad cold you just can't shake, a new form of Qakbot malware is on the rise. In fact, Cylance is warning partners and customers that Qakbot can potentially bring down enterprise networks...
1. Hacker Emergency Response: Bulletproof, a GLI Company has launched ijustgothacked.com -- a website to help companies find emergency cybersecurity incident response services.