Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, September 6, 2017:
9. Rebranding: MyDigitalShield (MDS), a Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS) provider to businesses and organizations, officially announced its rebranding as OmniNet today. Loyal MSSP Alert readers discovered the rebranding back in August...
8. Energy Sector Hackers: The energy sectors in Europe and North America are being targeted by DragonFly -- a new wave of cyber hackers who could severely disrupt affected operations, according to Symantec. We'll share more details soon.
7. Cyber Risk Education: An SEC leader says regulators must do more to help mom-and-pop investors better understand the potential risks posed by cyber crime and new technologies used to commit fraud, according to Reuters...
6. Partnership: Panda Security and Deloitte have inked a cyber alliance. Under terms of the deal, Deloitte will leverage Panda Security's technology in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and Latin America.
5. Launched: Kaspersky Lab has introduced the next generation of its Kaspersky Private Security Network, which allows enterprises to boost their detection speed with access to real-time global threat intelligence from 80 million sensors, without sharing any data outside their corporate network, the company says.
4. Secure Smartphone: Purism, a San Francisco-based company that develops security-centric laptops, is now developing a secure smartphone called Librem 5. It will be "the world's first ever IP-native mobile handset, using end-to-end encrypted decentralized communication."
3. Big M&A Revisited?: After acquiring Blue Coat Systems last year, Symantec CEO Greg Clark says his company could be back in the market for big M&A deals. When? First, the company needs a period to pay down debt and prove it can meet growth targets, according to Reuters. Hmmm... Isn't that the standard answer from any executive who recently completed a big M&A deal?
2. Security Report: eSentire's security operations centers detected 4 million attacks in Q2 2017. Fraud-related attacks rose 14 percent during the period. We'll share more details about the attack report soon.
1. Top 50 MSSPs Revealed: Yup. We'll reveal the list and associated research during our September 28 webcast. Register now.