Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, November 7, 2017:
9. Talent: Mosaic451, a cybersecurity services provider and consultancy, has launched the Mosaic451 Cyber Candidate School Program. The six-month in-house program is designed to recruit, cultivate and deploy new cybersecurity talent.
8. State of Multi-Factor Authentication: Watch for a report to debut here today from Duo.
4. M&A: BCE, Canada's largest telecom company, has acquired AlarmForce for $184 million. AlarmForce provides security alarm monitoring, personal emergency response monitoring, video surveillance and related services to residential and commercial subscribers throughout Canada.
3. Autotask-WatchGuard Integration: WatchGuard Technologies has integrated its network security solutions with Autotask’s Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform. We'll be watching to see if WatchGuard makes similar announcements with ConnectWise at this week's IT Nation 2017 conference in Orlando, Fla.
1. Datto Security Vulnerabilities: Datto has issued an open letter to partners about two security vulnerabilities. The company has received no reports of any client device or Datto Cloud backup data being compromised as a result of the vulnerabilities. Still, Datto is working to address the vulnerabilities...