Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, September 19, 2017:
7. Office 365 Security: Quest Software has updated its Microsoft Platform Management business security solutions for Microsoft Office 365 and Azure Active Directory (AD) environments. Dell sold Quest to a private equity firm last year.
6. Equifax Breach Disclosure Date?: It sounds like the massive Equifax breach problems started much earlier than the company previously disclosed -- or perhaps it was a separate breach. Either way, Equifax has some more explaining to do. Again.
5. Kaspersky Ban Update: The U.S. Senate, as expected, on Monday voted to ban Kaspersky Lab’s products from use by the federal government, citing concerns the company may be a pawn of the Kremlin and poses a national security risk. Kaspersky has repeatedly denied any connections to Russia's government.
4. Network Security: HP Enterprise's Aruba business has launched 360 Secure Fabric, a security framework that provides 360 degrees of analytics-driven attack detection and response to help organizations reduce risk in today’s changing threat landscape, the company claims.
3. Midmarket Security Services: Intelisecure has launched managed security services to help midsize enterprise organization protect their critical data.
1. M&A: Acuant has acquired Ozone, a line of identity products, intellectual property (IP) and talent from Mount Airey Group, a provider of identity solutions used by federal organizations and agencies around the world. Financial terms were not disclosed.