Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, December 21, 2017:
8. Welcome To Our Country (Sort Of): The Philippines is beefing up cybersecurity measures before Chinese firms enter The Philippines' telecom industry, according to this report...
7. WannaCry Denial: North Korea’s foreign ministry says the country is not linked to any cyberattacks, essentially denying U.S. claims that North Korea was behind this year's massive WannaCry attacks.
6. Can We Spy Just A Little Longer?: Republican leaders in the U.S. House of Representatives are working to build support to temporarily extend the National Security Agency’s expiring internet surveillance program by tucking it into a stop-gap funding measure, Reuters says. Somewhere, hackers who steal NSA tools for use on the dark web are smiling.
5. Contract Win: AT&T has won a statewide managed security services contract from the Texas Department of Resources. The services include security monitoring and device management, risk and compliance testing, and incident response, FierceTelecom says.
4. AWS Integration: ProtectWise has upgraded the ProtectWise Grid, a platform that provides automated network detection and response across enterprise, cloud and industrial environments, to feature deeper integrations with Amazon Web Services.
3. Talent: Carbon Black, an endpoint security company, has named Cate Lochead senior VP of marketing. Lochead previous held key posts at MariaDB, Oracle, Intuit, Couchbase and Virsa. Carbon Black gained momentum with partners and MSSPs in multiple areas this year. We'll share more details soon.
2. Market Growth: The security systems integrator market will reach $14.72 billion by 2022, up from $9.76 billion in 2017, according to MarketsandMarkets. That's an 8.6 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Complete this survey and your company could be ranked among the Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.