Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
- CISA Seeks Comment: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is seeking public comment on securing Google Workspace. The action follows on work CISA did earlier this year to apply the Secure Cloud Business Applications (SCuBA) secure configurations for Microsoft 365 across agency enterprises. More information and details on how to comment are here.
- Perception Point’s Security Awareness Training: Advanced threat protection provider Perception Point is launching a new security awareness training program for customers, integrated into its Advanced Email Security solution, to help partners bundle security offerings. The awareness training integrates best practices from behavioral psychology and marketing methods to offer organization-specific training simulations, end user reporting and in-depth analysis of employee behavioral change.
- Malwarebytes Updates Multi-Tenant Console: Real-time cyber protection provider Malwarebytes is launching new offerings for its multi-tenant console, ThreatDown OneView. Managed service providers (MSPs) can streamline their cybersecurity efforts with integrated advanced device control, the new Security Advisor dashboard for visibility across customers and more robust reporting options. Malwarebytes said its continued channel-first mindset drove double-digit, year-over-year growth in the MSP sector.
- Earning ISMS Certification: MSP Logicalis US has achieved ISO 27001:2022 certification, a standard for information security management systems (ISMS) and best practices for implementing them. The company said this effort demonstrates its ongoing commitment to providing comprehensive and compliant data security for its customers and employees.
- Cybersecurity Year in Review: MSSP Alert parent company CyberRisk Alliance has released its 2023 Cybersecurity Year in Review report, “SEC Ruling, AI Raise Security Stakes.” The report provides a comprehensive analysis of escalating cybersecurity challenges. Topics include ransomware, privacy in the age of third-party apps, vulnerability management, cloud security and balancing identity & access management with user experience. The full report is available here.
- RMM Grows as Attack Vector: A recent report from WatchGuard Technologies showed that threat actors are increasingly using remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools and software to evade anti-malware detection. The report also showed that the Medusa ransomware variant surged in the third quarter of 2023, increasing endpoint ransomware attacks. The comprehensive report highlighted many other trends. More information is available here.
- Ransomware Continues as a Top Threat: Cyber-physical systems protection company Claroty’s new research shows that 75% of respondents say they’ve been targeted by ransomware in the past year. The report, “The Global State of Industrial Cybersecurity 2023: New Technologies, Persistent Threats, and Maturing Defenses,” is based on a global independent survey of 1,100 information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) security professionals who work in critical infrastructure sectors.