Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: DoControl, a provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) security solutions, has extended its Data Loss Prevention (DLP) integration to Slack Enterprise Grid, securing all Slack user communication, including web, mobile and desktop applications. The solution is available on the Slack App Directory, offering an SaaS security solution designed to support large organizations, the company said.
2. Two-Factor Authentication Advancement: Keeper Security, a provider of zero-trust and zero-knowledge cybersecurity software protecting passwords, passkeys, privileged access, secrets and remote connections, has introduced support for hardware security keys as a single two-factor authentication (2FA) method. Implementing user authentication with only a hardware security key enhances overall security by providing a robust physical second factor, mitigating remote attacks and reducing dependency on mobile devices, the company said. As such, administrators can enforce the use of a hardware key as the sole 2FA method and mandate even more robust restrictions by requiring the use of a PIN.
3. Security Partnership: Strike Graph, a compliance operations and certification specialist, and Judy Security, a cybersecurity provider, have entered into a strategic partnership aimed at cybersecurity and compliance management for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). By integrating Judy Security's AI-enabled cybersecurity solution with Strike Graph's advanced compliance and certification platform, the collaboration will offer SMBs the security and efficiency to help them achieve their compliance needs and goals, the companies said.
4. Security Partnership: Menlo Security and CyberKnight have announced a partnership, with CyberKnight onboarding Menlo Security’s browser security platform to bolster enterprise and government organizations with better protection of sensitive data during phishing and malware attacks.
5. AI Automation Advancement: Swimlane, a specialist in automation for the entire security organization, has released its new Turbine innovations, Canvas and Hero Artificial Intelligence (AI). This combination empowers security teams to build automation in seconds with limitless integration possibilities, leading to dramatic time and resource savings, the company said.
6. Singapore SOC Opens: Bitdefender has opened a new security operations center (SOC) in Singapore to meet customer needs and support the growth of Bitdefender Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Bitdefender Offensive Cybersecurity Services and additional business security solutions. The new SOC enhances Bitdefender’s ability to serve clients headquartered in Asia Pacific, as well as multinational businesses with operations across the region, the company said.
7. Ransomware Protection: Object First, provider of Ootbi (Out-of-the-Box-Immutability), a ransomware-proof backup storage appliance purpose-built for Veeam, is partnering with Waident Technology Solutions, a SOC2 cybersecurity and IT outsourcer that supports and manages SMB technology. Waident will use Ootbi as its primary backup storage solution to ensure ransomware-proof immutability and safeguard customers from rising cyber threats, the companies said.
8. Malware Protection: Malwarebytes has announced the inclusion of Application Block in every ThreatDown bundle at no additional cost. The added security layer stops unwanted or malicious applications from launching on endpoints, reducing the attack surface, further streamlining security and adding value for overburdened IT teams, the company said.
9. Biometric Storage Advancement: Badge Inc., a privacy company enabling "Identity without Secrets," has brought to market its patented authentication technology that renders personal and biometric credential storage obsolete. The capability eliminates passwords, device redirects and knowledge-based authentication (KBA) with "enroll once and authenticate on any device" ease, the company said.
10. Malware Alert: CISA and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have released a joint Cybersecurity Advisory, Known Indicators of Compromise Associated with Androxgh0st Malware, to disseminate known indicators of compromise (IOCs) and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) associated with threat actors deploying Androxgh0st malware. According to the announcement, Androxgh0st malware establishes a botnet for victim identification and exploitation in vulnerable networks and targets files that contain confidential information, such as credentials, for various high-profile applications, CISA said.