Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, July 11, 2017:
7. Talent, Part I: CrowdStrike, an endpoint protection company, has hired AppDynamics veteran Matthew Polly as VP of worldwide business development and channels. CrowdStrike’s Elevate Partner Program promotes next-generation AV, endpoint detection and response (EDR) and 24/7 managed hunting, with an API-first strategy. Polly previously drove AppDynamics' successful partner program, and then he exited the company upon its recent sale to Cisco Systems.
6. Talent, Part II: Siemplify has promoted Miguel Carrero to chief revenue officer. Carrero will help strengthen Siemplify’s efforts to promote security operations for Enterprise and MSSP organizations, the company asserts. Siemplify develops ThreatNexus, an integrated security operations center (SOC) platform that allows MSSPs to manage, investigate, and automate all threat response from a single pane of glass.
5. Data Breach: Hard Rock Hotels has added itself to the list of companies affected by a data hack targeting a third-party booking platform that exposed the personal reservation information of hotel guests, according to Law360.
4. M&A - Penetration Testing: BPM, a San Francisco-based accounting firm, has acquired Info@risk -- which offers IT security penetration testing and more. Info@risk has 21 employees and remains in growth mode. The deal highlights how professional services firms are expanding into the IT sector -- with an emphasis on cybersecurity and risk mitigation. Financial terms were not disclosed.
3. Security and Artificial Intelligence: Cylance has integrated an artificial intelligence anti-malware engine into VirusTotal, a free online service that analyzes files and URLs. The service enables the identification of viruses, worms, trojans, and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and website scanners, the company says.
2. Transforming MSPs into MSSPs?: EventTracker, which specializes in security information and event management (SIEM), has launched a partner program to help transform MSPs into MSSPs. We'll share more thoughts soon.
1. Meet at Black Hat Conference?: MSSP Alert is set to attend the Black Hat USA 2017 conference later this month in Las Vegas. We have a few meeting slots remaining on July 26 and 27. Our one request: Potential meetings need to cover your partner and/or MSSP strategy. If you'd like to potentially meet please email me ([email protected]).