Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, July 3, 2018.
7. Proactive CISO Secrets: How does a proactive CISO tackle cybersecurity? Here are some clues and observations from ESG.
6. Service Provider Hacked: CyanWeb, a service provider in Australia, suffered a cyber terror attack on June 27 and lost 88 percent of its customer data, the company asserts. The three-person firm says "a professional hacking group attacked, infiltrated the server and destroyed all data, including all available backup data." We'll share more details as they surface.
5. Cyber Talent Research: Alas, the cyber talent shortage is increasing, according to NIST and CyberSeek research.
4. DDoS Attack Rates: It looks like DDoS attack rates are climbing again, according to Akamai research.
3. MDR Adoption: Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services continue to gain popularity, Forrester Research says.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: Participate in the survey here and your company could be ranked among the world's Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers.